Thursday, June 17, 2010

Does reading make you intelligent?

I%26#039;m reading this book that my teacher lent me



and its called %26quot;No one belongs here more that you%26quot;



and its amazing and quite pretty indie



I love it and i love him for lending it me



But does it increase your vocabulary , and make you smarter



Please say yes becuase i%26#039;m 15 and i dont see how else i could be??



xxxxxxx



Does reading make you intelligent?car loan





so long as its not %26#039;the sun%26#039;



Does reading make you intelligent? loan



Yes, professors and scientists learned their stuff from books|||Reading is a great thing to do, books can take you anywhere|||I think so. It broaden your horizon and makes you think more than usual.|||No, but the understanding you get from what you read does!|||Reading increases vocabulary as long as You keep a dictionary nearby to learn the definition of words which You may not have seen or heard before.|||Yes Yes Yes it does keep on reading|||I think it probely helps a lot ,But I have got a lot of my Imformation and learnt to Spell better by using the computer|||Yes, it will improve your vocabulary (provided you use a dictionary to look up all those difficult words, of course). You can learn a lot from books.



Outside of a dog a book is man%26#039;s best friend - inside of a dog it%26#039;s too dark to read!|||I%26#039;m 15 too and I quite like reading books. I think it depends on what book people read. If they%26#039;re educational and interesting and not about fantasies/horrors, then yeah they make u smarter coz u learn about other people%26#039;s lives or blablabla.



Reading any kind of books gives u at least a bit of knowledge anyway coz u learn new words, then they might make u look up the words in the dictionary or thesaurus.|||I don%26#039;t know that it makes you more intelligent (maybe a bit) but it certainly a) makes you more knowledgable generally and b) increases your vocabulary massively.



This is going to sound awful - but I%26#039;m honestly the most literate person I know and I have always said that it%26#039;s because I spend nearly all my freetime reading.|||yes, how the hell did you get the username girl? it must be really popular|||Reading can improve you, educationally and make you more knowledgeable. It will also increase you word power and spelling ability. However, intelligence is what you are born with. Keep on reading though, not just for self improvement but because it is one of the most enjoyable pastimes you will ever have.|||yes, books open you to a whole new world...its like the gym for your mind(a good book is)|||I think reading increases your vocabulary, increases your imagination, opens your mind to new ideas and much much more!



I think reading can make you MORE intelligent, yes.|||I totally agree with Ms. Minger%26#039;s first paragraph.



When I was at school our English teacher said she noticed a huge improvement in our work when a few of us started reading and lending books to each other.



You only have to look at some of the spelling in Yahoo Answers to see the difference. Just please make sure you don%26#039;t revert to %26quot;text speak%26quot;, good English is always better.|||The more you read the more clever you get. Read many different books and all kinds of authors. Your picture of the world - inside- and outsideworld - will expand and enriche. You鈥瞝l understand yourself and others more and hopefully you鈥瞝l be even more openhearted than you already seems to be.|||No reading doesn%26#039;t make you intelligent. Intelligence by definition is the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.



Another term, the capacities to reason, to plan, to solve problems, to think abstractly, to comprehend ideas, to use language, and to learn.



Reading helps you to improve your writing by gaining more vocabularies to express yourself. In terms of sharing information and idea.



Furthermore, reading can help you in certain points to develop your sens of creativity, personality, character, knowledge even wisdom.



I wish you all the best and keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive