Friday, October 30, 2009

Christians/Catholics, I'm making this speech to my youth group about how Lent is not technicall

My speech will basically be about how Lent is over, but that does not mean to go out and party, you know what I mean? LIke, if you gave up something, that does not mean you are going to induldge yourself in that something just because Lent is over. And that we should still sacrafice to God anytime! I need maybe some more stuff to support my %26quot;talk%26quot; and maybe some readings from the Bible. PLEASE HELP! :)



And God bless.



Christians/Catholics, I%26#039;m making this speech to my youth group about how Lent is not technically over, HELP!instant loan





Being Protestant, I don%26#039;t really believe in Lent because it%26#039;s not exactly biblically supported. However, since you need it, here are some biblical passages that might help you (NIV version):



Hebrews 10:22: %26quot;let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith.%26quot;



Romans 12:1 %26quot;Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God%26#039;s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God鈥攖his is your spiritual act of worship.%26quot;



1 Peter 2:11 %26quot;Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul.%26quot;



Titus 3:8 %26quot;And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good.%26quot;



Christians/Catholics, I%26#039;m making this speech to my youth group about how Lent is not technically over, HELP!

loan



If it were me, I would look up the post-paschal homilies of St. John Chrysostom on ccel.org and just recite the one that seems the most appropriate.|||In the Catholic Church it is still a requirement that every Friday, even after Lent, if one does not abstain from meat we are still required to do some sort of Penance so you are very right in teaching this so good luck with that.|||In the Baptist Church, we do not make a big issue of Lent. Lent is not a Biblical practice, but one I believe that originated with the Greek Orthodox Church and recognizes the 40 days that led up to Jesus Crucifixion. Jesus fasted during this time and was even tempted by the Devil.



Our Church believes that we should be in a constant state of dependence on Jesus Love and the Holy spirit. We also are engaged in fasting at some time or another, but Jesus did not ask us to fast during Lent. I suppose that those who do engage in fasting because Jesus did, are also baptized by immersion in water, since Jesus was baptized that way. I think that any act that is done is Jesus name and for the purpose of a closer relationship with Him is commendable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive