Friday, October 30, 2009

Help! Physics people! Lend me your brains!?

I have a lab report in which I have drawn a velocity/time graph...there is only one question I don%26#039;t understand:



What was the MAGNITUDE of the ball%26#039;s acceleration in this lab?



Can anyone just explain to me what exactly magnitude is and how you solve or describe it!



THANK YOU!!



Help! Physics people! Lend me your brains!?small business loans





The %26quot;magnitude%26quot; is just a fancy word for: the %26quot;amount%26quot;.



It%26#039;s a word that you hear a lot, when referring to things that are vectors (like acceleration). A vector has two qualities: a magnitude (amount), and a direction.



So, when they ask you for the %26quot;magnitude%26quot; of a vector quantity, it just means they want to know the amount, and they don%26#039;t care about the direction.



Help! Physics people! Lend me your brains!?

loan



Magnitude is another word for amount.



You need to find the acceleration of the ball, and this is the slope of the graph.



Unless it%26#039;s a parabola, pick 2 points and use the basic slope equation to figure it out.|||magnitude is size------velocity/time graph ------straight line.........acceleration/time............. curve.........i think .I took physics a long time ago.google it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive