Friday, October 30, 2009

Help!! I lent my english saddle to someone and their cat left puncture scratches on it. How can i fi

There are deep scratch marks and punctures on the pommel. Is there something i can rub into the leather to smooth it back out or does the leather need replacing now?



Help!! I lent my english saddle to someone and their cat left puncture scratches on it. How can i fix it?heart rate





personally i dont see how YOU could let someone use YOUR saddle so i think that should help u learn you lesson............................



Help!! I lent my english saddle to someone and their cat left puncture scratches on it. How can i fix it? loan



Leather cannot heal or grow back when it is damaged. If the scratches are very minor and surface, a good cleaning and oil job will smooth the edges and make the color more even, so the scratchs will not show as much. But by your description the scratchs are deep, and I do not think there is anything you can do to change them.



I suggest you take your saddle to a good saddle shop and have them examine it. They will give you some suggestions (I wonder if you could lightly sand out a scratch if it wasn%26#039;t EXTREMELY deep) and they can also give you the cost of repair work if it%26#039;s more than you can handle.



It sounds like a frustrating situation for you. Good luck on fixing your saddle.|||Well I would just about hit the roof !



As Paintgirl says the best thing to do is clean it and take it to a saddler to see if they can do anything with it. They may have some filler paste that will conceal it.



Good luck with that.|||It gives it character!! I would never loan your saddle out ever again. But time and wear will smooth it out.|||Saddle soap back and forth on the leather will %26quot;melt%26quot; the leather together|||You probably cannot fix it, but you can oil it well and rub out some of the scratch marks. Unless this is a super duper show saddle, I would not worry about replacing the scratched piece....|||That happened on my steer halters and i just used some leather oil and it worked lika a charm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive